Friday, January 18, 2008

Daughter Of The East by Benazir Bhutto



I have just finished reading Daughter of the East thanks to a viral fever which forced me to stay in bed but believe me sometimes falling ill can be fun, if you get to do what you love the most and in my case it is reading. Ok now this book kept me really hooked and what I enjoyed the most was that it was written in a first person account. I know autobiography's are supposed to be in first person but its just that I was reading something like this after a long time.
Benazir’s life was filled with ironies. Born and brought up in a rich and privileged family, she has been through so much in her life – her father’s assassination, loss of her younger brother, loss of some of the best years of her life in detention and jail, years of separation from her husband due to his arrest, living in exile and so much more. What was amazing about her was her indomitable spirit and her efforts to not give up in front of the enemies even in worst circumstances and one who has endured challenges gracefully.

No comments:

Sav's Book Club